Our goal is to consistently deliver absolute returns of 15% or 400-600 bps over the MSCI ACWI benchmark over a full market cycle.
We are absolute return focused and opportunistic. We seek out the best risk adjusted stock ideas and are not constrained by investment industry artifacts of style, sectors or geography. Over time we expect this approach to outperform market benchmarks.
We believe that the best way to compound capital is to create a high-quality, differentiated global portfolio of high conviction companies and hold them for the long term.
Trinity Alps’ investment process is repeatable and highly collaborative. We believe that the best way to compound capital over time is by constructing a thoughtful concentrated portfolio of exceptional, high quality companies that possess the attributes that we expect to produce attractive returns to long-term investors.
Every company that is considered for inclusion in the portfolio must exhibit some combination of the following:
- Excellent return on capital
- Solid and growing cash flows
- Sustainable moats/durable competitive advantage
- High quality and shareholder-aligned management teams
- Positive or improving ESG attributes
Additionally, every investment opportunity must demonstrate:
- Multiple ways to win
- A historical pattern we recognize, and which suggests a successful investment outcome
- Some unique attribute(s) which we believe is(are) are mispriced, misunderstood or overlooked by the market.